What is the purpose of this document?
- The family survey results (Fall, 2020) indicated that families would like more information about available community resources. This is one way the district is responding to that request.
- Additionally, students with disabilities are more likely to succeed in adult life if they have a collaborative network of support. This tool provides information about a wide variety of agencies that can support the student’s goals for employment, education and community inclusion.
Who is this document for?
- Middle School and High School students receiving Special Education services
- Families, caregivers and support providers
- Intervention Specialists and other members of the school team
How to use this document:
- This document is divided into the three sections of a student’s IEP Transition Plan: Education/Training, Employment and Independent Living.
- The Table of Contents is linked with bookmarks to take you directly to the sections.
- The Appendix provides links to supplemental information and application materials.